Работодатель: IMF, www.imf.org
Город: Washington, DC
Требования к кандидатам:
INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND
Resident Legal Advisor for the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic
The IMF Legal Department (LEG) is seeking a Resident Legal Advisor for the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic (NBKR) to facilitate comprehensive reform to the financial sector legal framework and to foster training of the National Bank’s staff. The project will last for one year, with the possibility of a one year extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall direction of the General Counsel and Director of the Legal Department of the IMF and the supervision of the Assistant General Counsel responsible for LEG’s Financial and Fiscal Law Unit, the successful candidate will work as a Resident Legal Advisor in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic and carry out a number of duties in the financial sector law area. Primary duties and responsibilities will include:
· Drafting and advising on financial sector legislation in the Kyrygz Republic, including commercial banking legislation, bank resolution legislation, central banking legislation, payments systems legislation, and microfinance legislation and related provisions of civil, administrative or corporate law;
· Contributing to technical assistance missions led by IMF Headquarters-based staff;
· Identifying gaps and inconsistencies in existing legislation, including by reviewing and generalizing case law in the Kyrgyz Republic to determine ways in which the financial sector legal framework could be strenghthened;
· Organizing and delivering seminars to NBKR staff on specific financial sector legal issues;
· Providing ongoing advice to the NBKR on the implementation of the financial sector legal framework to particular circumstances; and
· Carrying out other assignments as instructed by the General Counsel or the Assistant General Counsel in charge of the LEG’s Financial and Fiscal Law Unit and at the request of the NBKR.
The successful candidate will have a university degree in law together with at least eight years of relevant professional legal experience. Candidates who have experience working for a central bank or other financial sector supervisor will be preferred. Ideally, the candidate would have experience providing advice on issues associated with central banking, banking regulation, banking supervision, or bank resolution. Experience with non-bank financial institutions, payments systems, or anti-money laundering, as well as with drafting of legal instruments would also be highly valued. A high degree of demonstrated initiative and adaptability are essential attributes, as are excellent analytical and diplomatic skills, and superior written and oral communication skills in English. A track record of working effectively in inter-disciplinary teams and of good relationships with external counterparts at all levels and of different cultural backgrounds, is also required. Fluency in Russian would be strongly preferred.
To express interest in the advertised vacancy, please apply to vacancy no. 1100867 at : http://www.imf.org/jobs
Closing date: March 13, 2012
Дата публикации вакансии: 01.03.2012
|Оценка вакансии :|