Работодатель: EHRAC/ Мемориал
Требования к кандидатам:
MEMORIAL-EHRAC JOINT PROJECT
The Memorial Human Rights Centre works in partnership with the European Human Rights Advocacy Centre (EHRAC), which is based at London Metropolitan University. This joint initiative operates from a dedicated project office within the Memorial Human Rights Centre in Moscow and in five other regional offices. This project was previously funded by the European Commission and is now supported by multiple grant-making trusts and the British Embassy. The Memorial - EHRAC project is currently working on over a 170 cases.
EHRAC’s primary objective is to assist individuals, lawyers and NGOs within the Russian Federation to take cases to the European Court of Human Rights, whilst working to transfer skills and build the capacity of the Russian human rights community.
For more information about Memorial and EHRAC, please visit: ehracmos.memo.ru and www.londonmet.ac.uk
The Memorial - EHRAC joint project is currently recruiting for a Lawyer to work in the Memorial - EHRAC Moscow office. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of the next stages of an established and respected international human rights project.
THE OVERALL AIM
To work on litigation before the European Court of Human Rights to provide victims of human rights abuse in the Russian Federation the opportunity to seek legal redress for the violations they have suffered.
To raise awareness of human rights abuse and hopefully contribute to improving human rights in the future.
MAIN AREAS OF LITIGATION
1. Protection of the victims of armed conflicts (art. 2, 3, 5, 6, 13 of the Convention on the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms).
2. Discrimination (ethnic, religious, etc.) (art. 14 of the Convention, in combination with other appropriate articles).
3. Freedom of expression and association issues.
4. Criminal and civil justice.
5. Environmental issues ( art.8 and other).
6. Such other categories of work as are agreed in conjunction with the project lawyers in Moscow and London.
In conjunction with UK lawyers, to carry out the following:
1. Case selection within the above mentioned areas: developing an ECHR test case strategy; identifying applications which have the potential to be successful at the ECHR, with a particular focus on cases which, if successful, will have the most significant effects on the development of the relevant law, policy and practice.
2. Casework: preparation of applications to the ECHR; maintaining correspondence with the registry at the ECHR; preparation of cases for Strasbourg representation; preparation of further observations on admissibility, merits and just satisfaction in English ( in exceptional cases in Russian).
3. Support for and liaison with applicants (including obtaining instructions from the applicants as required; keeping applicants informed about the progress of cases; maintaining regular contact with applicants).
4. Keep contacts and provide legal support for work of regional lawyers in the course of exhaustion of domestic remedies (including travel to the regions).
5. Contribute as required to the EHRAC Bulletin, website and other project publications.
6. Participation in training (including trainings by UK lawyers on the practice and procedure of the ECHR).
7. Obtaining publicity in the federal media, for the activities of the project and developing other means of informing potential applicants and their advisors of the project’s work.
8. Reporting (-such as keeping London office informed of the progress of cases including submitting a written monthly report in the prescribed format).
QUALIFICATION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
1. Knowledge of the European Convention on Human Rights
2. Substantial experience litigation cases in domestic systems ( experience in international litigation desirable)
3. Good initiative and ability to work both independently and as member of a team; ability to comply with deadlines
4. Native or near-native Russian and good written and spoken English
The position is based in the dedicated EHRAC-Memorial project office in Moscow.
Starting from 32 000 RUR nett commensurate with experience.
Deadline for applications is 8 April 2011.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter in English explaining how your education and professional experience qualify you for this position, your motivations for applying, and your interest in human rights to:
Tina Devadasan, Project Manager
tel: ++44(0)20 7133 5087
fax: ++44(0)20 7133 5173
European Human Rights Advocacy Centre
222 Ladbroke House, 62-66 Highbury Grove,
London N5 2AD, United Kingdom
Please note that applications in Russian or without a covering letter will not be considered.
Дата публикации вакансии: 25.02.2011
|Оценка вакансии :|